Sunday, May 5, 2019

Punch


I am on a mission and I need some help.  I want to bring punch back.  Let's just say I love punch.  We always had punch at parties when I was growing up.  There are so many things about punch that make it fabulous.  

First- the color.  Who doesn't like to drink pink, or orange, or green! 

Next- the fact that it is like getting dessert before dinner.  How often does that happen?  And it has sherbet in it.  Sherbet is lovely and as I get older and more lactose intolerant it is becoming even more lovely. Yes, I know it has some cream, but not as much as ice cream so the hangover isn't as bad.  Also, I can send my BFF the English Major into a complete tizzy by calling it sherbeRt.  Owen said it right when he called it her trigger word.  

Punchbowls.  Punchbowls are so pretty and so impractical.  It is like a deviled egg plate.  It only has one function.  Punchbowls (and deviled egg plates) spark joy in me and I will fight Marie Kondo if she says otherwise.  (just kidding- who would fight Marie Kondo- she is so adorable and really my zen hero).  My mom has a gorgeous Candlewick punch bowl with matching cups and I am publicly stating that it is mine.  Hands off Graham!!!!

Lastly- HELLO!!!- FROTH!!!  Gorgeous, lovely, foamy froth that you can slurp off the top, or try and tilt your cup just right so you save it until the end and then go hide in a corner and try and lick it all out without getting it on your nose.  

Can I say it again- I LOVE PUNCH! While sherbet punch is definitely my favorite, I am also a fan of the clear sparkly punch made with juice and ginger ale.  Bonus if there is fruit floating in it and OMG if there is a molded ice thingy with the fruit frozen into it.  

Now- let's talk about adult punch.  You may be shocked, but I love adult punch too.  My only request is that if there is adult punch and there are kids present, there should be two punch bowls. It would just be mean to drink punch in front of a kid and tell them they couldn't have any.  

So let's all say it together- We Love Punch!  We WILL Bring Punch Back!!  We can do it.  We can do it for our kids.  I don't want my kids to miss out on this glorious decadence that eats up all my weight watchers points for a day.  We can all agree on punch.  Maybe punch will be the thing that brings us back together.  We can all wear creamy orange hats that say MAPA- Make America Punchy Again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment